The Golden Rule: Service The Forgotten Element of Sales For Your MLM Business
This was written in the 15th century‚ but it is so true of today! An old legend … of a monastery in France‚ well-known throughout Europe because of the extraordinary leadership of a man known only as Brother Leo. Several monks began a pilgrimage to visit Brother Leo to learn from him.
Almost immediately the monks began to bicker as to who should do various chores. On the third day they met another monk who was also going to the monastery and he joined their party. This monk never complained or shirked a duty‚ and whenever the others would fight over a chore‚ he would gracefully volunteer and simply do it himself.
By the last day the other monks were following his example‚ and they worked together smoothly. When they reached the monastery and asked to see Brother Leo‚ the man who greeted them laughed. ‘But our brother is among you!’ And he pointed to the fellow who had joined them late in the trip. It’s in serving that you lead! How May I serve you? Francois
The Golden Rule: How Can We Apply This In Our MLM Business
This isn’t new and I am quite sure you have heard this before. The biggest problem is that service doesn’t mean what can I get‚ but what can I give? Service: When you become more valuable to the marketplace you become more valuable everywhere. How you do one thing is how you do everything. Roadrage on the internet?
Yes its everywhere. People cutting us off at every turn! This sounds funny but its there if you’re looking. People tripping over each other. People angry because you said something that sounds like their words. Arguing over whose idea it was. There is enough to go around. And if we applied the golden rule to this‚ we would all be a lot happier.
This isn’t a race‚ and its not the highway. I for one believe we can do this sanely. There is no get rich shortcut in network marketing. Its a relationship-building business. This sounds a bit like the story at the top of the page!
So How Can We Change It To Service‚ Really Providing Value‚ And Build Our MLM Business?
1) We keep our eyes and ears open‚ we watch for a need and find a way to fill it. If we are really listening‚ we will hear people talking about their troubles‚ their problems‚ and we can be there‚ not pouncing on them‚ but offering to help‚ sometimes we have to be willing to do that without always getting a quick reward for ourselves.
2) Let people talk‚ this is very key. Sometimes I have done it‚ I have experienced it‚ we want them to hear our good opportunity‚ and we don’t consider whether its actually what they need. If they are ready to hear your opportunity‚ they will ask questions.
3) Ask sincere questions‚ take the time to actually get to know them. I will probably step on some toes‚ but this must be done in person‚ it is not possible to do this in an auto-responder!
4) Again listen‚ make sure if you are going to respond that you don’t talk over them‚ nothing kills the conversation faster than to talk over them. Respond to what matters to them‚ again its not about you‚ its about them. If you can get to a place where there is absolutely no agenda‚ you will be able to really listen.
5) Listen to your intuition‚ there are times when they are ready for your opportunity‚ and there are times when they are not. If you give it to them to fast‚ you will loose them. People get into your opportunity when they know you‚ they trust you‚ and they like you. When you actually listen‚ all of those things are covered in one swoop.
6) Look for ways to offer them a service or sample that has no strings attached. Yes this is where we can really shine. Maybe they are talking about a health issue‚ and you happen to have a product that could help them. Now of course you could just sell it‚ but if they get to try it first‚ they are even more likely to buy it‚ and refer others to you.
That is priceless. But the first step is to share in a way that doesn’t have a price tag on it! In Brian Tracy’s book:“Getting Rich Your Way‚” He has a short blurb about finding a need and filling it. And if you think about it that is what we are doing.
If the person doesn’t need or want what you have‚ there is no way you will talk him into it. But that is a mistake many marketers make‚ they think if they have a good enough sales pitch they will buy. But in any situation whether its in person or on the internet‚ most people search the internet for what they want. They usually make comparisons. They get opinions.
They do everything they can to believe in it before they buy it. Now there are places big names we all know who they are‚ that have made a good job of getting the word out there.
They don’t have to convince you much‚ they have established their name. Most of us‚ are still in the process of that. So what better way to establish your name‚ than Lynda Cromar‚ she really cares‚ she really listens‚ so I will buy from her!